Career Services provides a variety of services and programs aimed at helping students and alumni with all facets of their career development. The services and programs provided include, but are not limited to, the list below. Many of these services are offered through our all-in-one system, Cat Career Tracks. Log in today to find out how you can jumpstart your job search!
- Internship and Co-op Postings and Information – Internship opportunities and career counseling are available to students.
- Full-Time and Part-Time Job Listings – On- and off-campus part-time jobs, summer jobs in a variety of fields and locations, and full-time career postings are all available via Cat Career Tracks.
- Graduate Survey – Career Services' staff collects and compiles statistics on recent NMU graduates.
- Job Agent Emails – Sign-up to receive e-mail notification of newly posted jobs, based on criteria you select in Cat Career Tracks.
- Job Fairs – Each year, Career Services hosts a number of events that bring employers to campus to interview candidates for full-time jobs, summer employment and internships.
- Job-Search Workshops – Throughout the academic year, staff in Career Services host workshops for classes, student organizations and residence hall groups. Topics include resume writing, interviewing skills, business etiquette and professional presence, internships and summer employment.
- Off-Campus Work Study Program - There are a few off-campus, non-profit agencies that participate in the work study program. You'll find these when you search for work study jobs in Cat Career Tracks.
- On-Campus Recruiting – Employers visit campus throughout the year to interview students for a variety of full-time positions and internships. A list of organizations is available through Cat Career Tracks.
- One-on-One Career Advisement – Each year, the staff in Career Services meet with hundreds of students and alumni in one-on-one situations to discuss their career needs. Assistance and advice is offered regarding resume development, career options, interview preparation, the importance of doing an internship, and much, much more.
- Online Resume System - Students and alumni can post their resumes for employers to search through Cat Career Tracks.