Apply by Student Type - Non-Degree

Non-degree studentIndividuals who have earned a high school diploma (or GED) or higher degree, (and who are eligible to return to the college last attended) and intend to enroll in courses for "personal or professional development" (not to obtain a degree at this time) may be admitted as non-degree students.

  • Non-degree students are limited to a maximum enrollment of eight credit hours during any enrollment period.
  • Non-degree students must meet all course prerequisites..
  • Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.


Credit earned as a non-degree student may be applied toward degree programs. To begin this process, the non-degree student must complete a change to degree form, supply all required documentation, meet the same minimum grade point average and credit hour criteria as transfer applicants and be formally admitted to a specific academic program.


Application Instructions

  1. Complete the undergraduate application for admission form. If you have previously applied, please notify the Admissions Office. We keep previous applications on file for one year.

    Non-degree students who hold a baccalaureate degree or higher are not subject to a credit-hour limit. Those who wish to change their status should contact the College of Graduate Studies.

  2. Application Fee - Applicants may pay the non-refundable $35 application fee online, or by phone (1-800-682-9797 or 1-906-227-2650) or may mail a check or money order. Application fee waivers and exceptions may be available.