For maximum aid consideration and to help ensure your aid is in place by the time tuition is due, please file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid annually.
You can also complete the 2021-22 FAFSA form using the myStudentAid app. Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). The myFAFSA component—which is used to complete the FAFSA form—is the app’s featured function.
Why do I have to submit my 2019 tax and income information on my 2021–22 FAFSA® form?
The 2021–22 (FAFSA ) form asks for 2019 income and tax information.
This is advantageous for most students and their families because it
- allows for immediate use of the Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool to transfer financial information for eligible applicants,
- eliminates estimating income and tax information before taxes are filed,
- reduces the need to come back and update a FAFSA form after filing taxes, and
- enables submitting a FAFSA form as early as October of the year before attending school.
If a family experiences situations such as the loss of a job, retirement, separation or divorce, death, or excessive out of pocket medical expenses not covered by insurance, they should complete a "Request for Re-Evaluation of Financial Assistance" and provide supporting documentation. The forms are available here. Please feel free to contact our office to speak to a Financial Aid Counselor regarding your situation. "
SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION?
Updates can be viewed on MYNMU using the steps below:
1. Log in to your MYNMU account with your NMU log in
2. Select Admitted to NMU or Student Services tab
3. Select Financial Aid-Information
4. Choose Financial Aid Status under Financial Aid
5. Select the Academic Year
Select "You have been awarded" to view your award OR Select “Student Requirements” to view what's missing
Please do not email documents with personal identifying information, such as Social Security number, date of birth, etc.
Financial Aid Office 2107 Hedgcock•email@example.com•Phone: 906-227-2327•Fax: 906-227-2321