TAKING A SUMMER CLASS THE SUMMER FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE
- Log on to your MyNMU account
- Financial Aid Information
- Summer Financial Aid Application
- Answer the questions; actual enrollment affects eligibility
You will be sent an email to your NMU email address after your application is processed.
- If you are eligible for the type of aid you requested, you will receive instructions how to view and accept your summer financial aid eligibility.
- If no eligibility remains, you will receive an email that provides alternative options to consider including making monthly payments and applying for alternative student loans.
Your actual enrollment in summer courses will affect your financial aid. If you are enrolled less than half time, you will not have federal loan eligibility.
Please contact the NMU Financial Aid Office at 906-227-2327 if you have any questions.
If a family experiences situations such as the loss of a job, retirement, separation or divorce, death, or excessive out of pocket medical expenses not covered by insurance, they should complete a "Request for Re-Evaluation of Financial Assistance" and provide supporting documentation. The forms are available here. Please feel free to contact our office to speak to a Financial Aid Counselor regarding your situation. "
SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION?
Updates can be viewed on MYNMU using the steps below:
1. Log in to your MYNMU account with your NMU log in
2. Select Admitted to NMU OR Student Services tab
3. New Students Select "View" in the Financial Aid Box OR
3. Continuing Students Select Financial Aid-Information
4. Choose Financial Aid Status under Financial Aid
5. Select the Academic Year
Select "You have been awarded" to view your award OR Select “Student Requirements” to view what's missing
Please do not email documents with personal identifying information, such as Social Security number, date of birth, etc.
Financial Aid Office 2107 Hedgcock•email@example.com•Phone: 906-227-2327•Fax: 906-227-2321