2013 PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARS COMPETITION
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Sunday-Monday, Nov. 3-4 & 10-11, 2013
TIMES - ALL TIMES INDICATED ARE EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3 & 10
2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m Check-in: First Floor, University Center, by the NMU Bookstore.
- Students will check-in and receive all materials pertaining to the program.
3:00 p.m, . 3:30 p.m, 4:00 p.m and 4:30 p.m. Optional Campus Tours
- Tours will be conducted beginning at 3:00 p.m. with the last tour leaving at 4:30 p.m. Each tour will last approximately one hour.
6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m Student and Parent Welcome Session
- General information concerning the scholarship competitions will be provided. At the conclusion of this session, students will be directed to their small group session.
6:30 p.m. Parent Informational Session
- A panel of NMU staff members will present information and answer questions concerning admission, academic advising, financial aid, housing and residence life, orientation, etc.
6:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m Student Small Group Sessions
- As part of the competition, each participant will be assigned to a small group. The individual groups will go through a number of small group exercises facilitated by NMU staff and students.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4 & 11
8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m Breakfast & Get Your Questions Answered Session
- Students and parents can stop in anytime between 8:00-11:00 a.m. to gather information on a variety of NMU programs.
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon Faculty/Staff Interviews
- As part of the competition, each participant will be assigned to a half-hour interview with a faculty/staff member. Students will receive their time and location information during Sunday’s Welcome Session.
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m View a Residence Hall Room (Optional).
10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. NMU Recreation & Sports Complex Tour (Optional)