Interested in Intercollegiate Sports?
If you want to be an intercollegiate varsity athlete in college, here are some things to make sure you do:
- Contact the coach and find out if you can try out for the team. Are they looking for players? Does the coach think you would be a good fit? Do you like the coach?
- Ask about athletic scholarships that might be available.
- Meet the team. Do you want to spend hours and hours with these people?
- Find out what accommodations are made to make sure that you stay up on your class work. Are tutors provided? How are professors about athletes missing class?
- At NMU (an NCAA Division I and II school) and other Division I and II schools, you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.