Transfer to NMU

Are you interested in transferring to Northern Michigan University from a university or community college?  We can help make that process easier and answer questions that you have about your credits, NMU, and the Marquette area.  You will find some resources for transferring, below; however, do not hesitate to contact your transfer admissions counselor if you want additional guidance.

If you are transferring from a Michigan college, learn more about the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) or MACRAO and the credit transfer process.  Contact a transfer admissions counselor for details or with questions. If you're transferring from Bay College, click here for specific resources for you.


We want to meet you.

See if we're going to be in your area

The best way to learn about Northern Michigan University is to visit our campus.  We offer campus tours five days a week and you can customize your visit to meet your interests.  Go to to see both visit options and schedule a visit.


Find your transfer admissions counselor

Cary Vajda
Michigan - Lower Peninsula
Admissions_Portraits_January_30_2015_118_final.jpg Darren Widder
Michigan - Upper Peninsula and everywhere else


If you're a community college counselor, please visit our newsletter.