Choose your application for admission:
Apply as a first-year or transfer student seeking an undergraduate certificate or degree.
Apply as a post-baccalaureate student seeking an additional undergraduate certificate or degree.
Apply to return to NMU to complete an undergraduate certificate or degree.
Apply to take undergraduate courses for personal or professional development.
Apply as a guest student to enroll in courses to transfer credits to your home institution.
Apply to take undergraduate courses while still enrolled in high school.
Apply as a graduate student seeking a graduate certificate or degree.
Apply to take graduate courses for personal or professional development.
Apply to return to NMU to complete a graduate degree.
International student? Start here.
Additional information regarding undergraduate admissions:
- NMU processes applications on a rolling basis. While there are no deadlines, we wish to assist you well in advance of the semester for which you plan to enroll.
- You may submit your application online (best option), or print and mail it to us. To request a paper form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may check the status of your application with our on-line application status check tool.
- Applicants may pay the $35 undergraduate application fee online, by phone (1-800-682-9797 or 1-906-227-2650) or may mail a check or money order. Application fee waivers and exceptions may be available.
- Although we do not require an admissions essay, personal statement or counselor recommendation, if there is additional information about yourself that you would like to share with us, please feel free to submit it along with your application. These items maybe be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to NMU Admissions, 1401 Presque Isle Ave., Marquette, MI, 49855
- NMU's Student Handbook describes the Student Code and university policies, including conditions of enrollment related to contact information, financial obligations and housing. It is important to be aware of these policies and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about these policies.