NMU students may request to complete up to 10 of their final 30 credits at another accredited college or university. To be considered, you must: 1) meet all minimum grade point averages - major, minor, other degree areas, and cumulative degree GPA; 2) work with Major &/or Minor Department Heads for approval of courses needed to meet requirements in these areas; 3) have any subs/waivers from Department Heads sent to the NMU Registrar.
If a student qualifies for completing their "degree away" they should follow the steps below.
- Refer to the Transfer Equivalency site to ensure that courses will transfer
- Complete a Guest Student Application and return it to the NMU Registrar's Office
- Complete a Request to Complete a Degree Away form
- Return the completed forms along with a copy of your course schedule verifying enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for NMU graduation the semester you plan to complete the course. If you are not registered we have no way of knowing that you plan to graduate. You must register for graduation on MyNMU prior to 5:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of the semester.
- Request your official transcript be sent to NMU, once the final grade has been posted. Mail the official transcript to:
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855