Visitors Coming to Campus
Have your visitors register their vehicles at the Police Department. It may save a parking citation. Call 227-1476 or 227-2151 for information on visitor parking.
Registration and Identification of Motor Vehicles
Students and Faculty/Staff registering their vehicles must show valid registrations for each vehicle registered.
SPRING & SUMMER
|Student (1st Vehicle)||$140||$91.50||$43|
|Faculty/Staff (1st Vehicle)||BENEFIT||BENEFIT||BENEFIT|
|Faculty/Staff-Purchasing Student Pass||$70||$46||$21.50|
|Temporary (Valid for 4 weeks)||$30|
|Lot 37-parking meters||20 minutes for a dime, 1 hour for a quarter|
Temporary, Alternate, Handicap and Other Registrations
1. Five day temporary permits can be issued to students, faculty/staff and visitors who do not have a vehicle registered or who have a temporary dealer plate on a new vehicle.
2. Temporary parking permits can be purchased for $30 for temporary parking and are valid for 30 days. Temporary passes are renewable and can be purchased by semester.
3. Permission for an alternate use of an unregistered vehicle to be parked on campus may be obtained for a total of 5 days per semester. If a vehicle is brought on campus more than the given days, it must be registered as a second vehicle.
4. Temporarily handicapped individuals should contact the Police Department for issuance of a temporary "Handicapped Parking Permit." These permits are valid on campus for no more than 30 days a semester. A physician's statement is required. Forms are available at the Police Department Parking Services Office. Temporary handicap permits issued by a state are valid on campus.
1. Individuals requiring special arrangements for vehicle registration may contact the Police Department Parking Services by telephone or mail to initiate the arrangements.
2. Arrangements to store trailers in the impound lot must be made through the Police Department during business hours only.
Changes in license number and/or address must be reported to the Police Department Parking Services Office immediately.
Must be removed from the vehicle.
Transferring Registration Decals
Transferring a decal from one vehicle to another is prohibited.
Whenever there is a change of motor vehicle ownership, the registration decal must be removed and the remnants brought to the Police Department Parking Services Office.. A fee of $5 is charged to register the most recent vehicle.
If for any reason a registration decal becomes damaged, the remnants of the damaged decal MUST be returned and a replacement decal must be obtained immediately from the Police Department Parking Services Office. A fee of $5 is charged to replace the decal.
Registration Fee Refund
Students graduating in December or faculty/staff departing the university at the end of the fall semester will be reimbursed one half of the amount paid during the fall semester for motor vehicle registration. Student teachers should check with the Police Department within 30 days from the last day of classes for a refund. All other registration fees are non-refundable.
Release of Information
I authorize the Police Department Parking and Traffic department to release information relevant to parking permits, tickets and account balances to the following individual(s). I understand this release will be in effect through August 31, 2019.
To revoke this privilege, I must provide a written statement indicating the release of information is no longer given to the individual(s) previously granted permission.