Northern Michigan University requires all motor vehicles to be registered for use on the NMU campus.
You can register your vehicle on-line at: https://nmu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal
You can register your bicycle free on-line at: https://nmu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal
Visitors Coming to Campus
Visitors to campus can obtain temporary permits free of charge through the Parking Portal by creating a guest account at: https://nmu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal
If you are a visitor to campus and received a citation please contact Parking Services at (906) 227-1476 or by email to email@example.com.
Commuter (1st Vehicle) Resident University Apartments
|Faculty/Staff (1st Vehicle)||TAXABLE BENEFIT||TAXABLE BENEFIT||
Faculty/Staff-Purchasing Student Pass
Adjunct Faculty/Graduate Assistants receive one parking pass at no charge. Any additional permits are $140.00 or the prorated rate.
Military Veterans Discount is 15% off the permit charge. This must be approved by the NMU Veteran Services / ASNMU office.
NMU Retiree's receive one free benefit permit.
Temporary, Alternate, Handicap and Other Registrations
- Five day temporary permits can be issued to students, faculty/staff and visitors free of charge. These permits are available through the Parking Portal: https://nmu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal
- Individuals requiring Handicap parking should contact the Police Department for issuance of a temporary "Handicapped Parking Permit." These permits are valid on campus for no more than 30 days a semester. A physician's statement is required. Forms are available at the Police Department Parking Services Office or by printing the attached application and returning it to the office. Temporary handicap permits issued by a state are valid on campus. If you are a student or faculty/staff you must also have a valid NMU parking permit to park on campus with a Handicap permit issued through Parking Services or through the state.
- Individuals requiring special arrangements for vehicle registration may contact the Police Department Parking Services by phone at (906)227-1476 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. to initiate the arrangements.
- Arrangements to store trailers on campus can be made by visiting the Police Department.
- Changes in license plate number and/or address must be reported to the Police Department Parking Services Office immediately.
- Must be removed from the vehicle.
- Transferring a parking permit must be done at the Parking Services office.
- Whenever there is a change of motor vehicle ownership, the registration permit must be removed and the remnants brought to the Police Department Parking Services Office. A fee of $5 is charged.
- If for any reason a permit becomes damaged, the remnants of the damaged permit MUST be returned and a replacement permit must be obtained immediately from the Police Department Parking Services Office. A fee of $5 is charged.
Registration Fee Refund
- Students graduating and departing the university at the end of the fall semester can be reimbursed one half of the amount paid during the fall semester for motor vehicle registration. Forms must be filed with the Police Department within 30 days from the last day of classes for a refund. All other registration fees are non-refundable.
Release of Information
I authorize the Police Department Parking and Traffic department to release information relevant to parking permits, tickets and account balances to the following individual(s). I understand this release will be in effect through August 31, 2021.
To revoke this privilege, I must provide a written statement indicating the release of information is no longer given to the individual(s) previously granted permission.