Information for applicants impacted by the California fires: We will be happy to work with you individually during your application process to be as flexible as possible regarding documents and fee waivers during this challenging time. Please reach out directly to Gerri Daniels, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 906-227-1464.
Undergraduate programs/courses (on-campus): Apply
If you previously attended NMU as a degree-seeking undergraduate and less than one year has passed since your last enrollment, you do not need to re-apply. Access your MyNMU account for access to course registration.
Graduate programs/courses (on-campus): Apply
Online programs (all levels): Apply to NMU's Global Campus
Northern Promise (taking NMU courses prior to high school graduation): Find information here.
Guest students (transfer credits to your home institution): Apply
International students: Application Instructions
Summer Enrollment - If you are interested in enrolling in summer courses only, our "non-degree" or "guest" options may be a good fit. Find definitions and links to instructions here. Find more information about summer offerings at NMU at nmu.edu/summer.
Every admissions application will require additional documents in order for an admissions decision to be made (in general, these are items like transcripts, test scores, etc.). These documents can be submitted to NMU any time after your application has been submitted. More instructions can be found at Apply by Student Type or contact us if you have any questions.
Additional information regarding undergraduate admissions:
- NMU processes applications on a rolling basis. While there are no deadlines, we wish to assist you well in advance of the semester for which you plan to enroll.
- You may submit your application online (best option), or print and mail it to us. To request a paper form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may check the status of your application with our on-line application status check tool.
- Applicants may pay the $35 undergraduate application fee online, by phone (1-800-682-9797 or 1-906-227-2650) or may mail a check or money order. Application fee waivers and exceptions may be available.
- Although we do not require an admissions essay, personal statement or counselor recommendation, if there is additional information about yourself that you would like to share with us, please feel free to submit it along with your application. These items maybe be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to NMU Admissions, 1401 Presque Isle Ave., Marquette, MI, 49855
- NMU's Student Handbook describes the Student Code and university policies, including conditions of enrollment related to contact information, financial obligations and housing. It is important to be aware of these policies and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about these policies.