The Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAF) process provides for electronic processing of all personnel actions through MyNMU. EPAF replaces the current Employee Processing System (EPS), which required a lot of manual paper trails across campus. Once the form finally arrived in the HR office, payroll staff had to hand-key all of the information into Banner and scan the paper EPS contract for storage in an electronic personnel file. With the implementation of EPAF, personnel transactions can now be routed for approval in a paperless fashion, which is much faster than routing paper around campus. Once the EPAF receives the appropriate approvals, the payroll staff applies the EPAF to Banner electronically eliminating the need to hand-key the information. Important information contained on the EPAF is electronically recorded in the personnel file through a nightly process.
We are currently in the process of transitioning from EPS to EPAF for faculty and staff personnel actions. EPAFs for student employees were implemented in April 2011 and have been very successful. We are currently implementing EPAFs for staff employees.
General EPAF Overview
- EPAF Terms & Definitions
- EPAF Transaction Status & Queue Status
- EPAF Accessing Instructions
- EPAF Default Routing Queue Setup Instructions
- EPAF Approver Instructions
- Job Change Reason Codes
Student EPAF Information
- Student EPAF Approval Category Selection Guide & Position Numbers
- Routing Cycle of a Student EPAF
- Common Student EPAF Errors
- Terminate Student/Temp Student Job Early EPAF
Staff EPAF Information