Magers Hall Government
Magers Hall Staff
Justine hails from Burlington, Vermont. She is a graduate of Champlain College located in Burlington, VT, where she was a Creative Media major concentrating in A/V Production, Visual Art & Design, and Creative Writing. While there, Justine was a Resident Assistant, transitions Program Coordinator, and had the pleasure of studying abroad in Dublin, Ireland. There she was able to travel across Europe while also holding a Resident Assistant position for her program. She plans to one-day travel around the world to places in India, Australia, Korea, and to eventually live in Japan. When Justine is not being a Resident Director or dreaming of traveling the world she enjoys practicing acro yoga, knitting and crocheting various baubles, reading, watching Survivor, and playing Dungeons & Dragons.
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.|
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Wednesday||1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
|Friday||1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
Magers/Meyland Front Desk: (906) 227-2078
Building and Grounds Attendant - Mike Mattson
Resident Adviser Staff
|McKensey Gariepy||Odyssey||(906) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alex Negro||Inferno||(906) email@example.com|
|John Yezbak||Neverland||(906) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amy Abel||Sleepy Hollow||(906) email@example.com|
|Kyanne Root||Treasure Island||(906) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Trevor Pianga||Narnia||(906) email@example.com|
2016 - 2017 Magers Hall Staff
Magers Hall Traditions
Magers Hall opened in 1966 and is named after Mildred Magers, an NMU French professor who was known for her love of teaching and helping students.
- Campus-wide Halloween Party
- Magers was the first hall to be renovated in a housing renovation project that began in 2005.
- The houses in Magers are named after literary works.
- In fall 2006, a bull moose ran into the window of the first floor laundry room, breaking two panes of glass before running into the woods.
- Magers Hall was the last hall to have a “House Mother,” Mrs. Marion MacLean. Her son is currently on the NMU alumni board.
- The women of Magers Hall in the 1970’s were the “Winfester” champions in broomball and snow sculptures.
Summer 2009: Magers/Meyland Hall Lobby Renovation photos.