Magers Hall isn’t just a place to live; it is a place where responsible leaders are shaped. Magers Hall provides students with a relaxed atmosphere that promotes individuality and “small group” identity. Students have a great balance between academics, social events, and community involvement. Magers Hall was completely renovated during the summer of 2005 and students were given the opportunity to create a theme and house names for the building. Students agree that Magers Hall is friendly, comfortable, generally quiet, and “homey”. Magers Hall consists of six co-ed houses. It is building number 25 on the campus map.
NOTE: Due to the type of furniture in Magers Hall rooms, lofts are not permitted. Loft kits manufactured to fit the beds are available for rentSummer 2009: Magers/Meyland Hall Lobby Renovation photos.
Magers Hall Staff
Resident Director – Kevin Rush, 227-2813
Kevin is originally from Frankfurt, Germany and graduated from Northern Michigan University with a degree in Environmental Conservation with a double-minor in English and Outdoor Recreation. Before coming to NMU, Kevin spent time working for the YMCA and for AmeriCorps until he began his coursework in 2009. While at NMU, Kevin was a resident of Spooner Hall, an RA in Payne Hall, and a Community Adviser in the Woodland Park Apartments. He plans to purse his Master's Degree in Training and Development.
|Monday||10 a.m. - 12 noon|
|Tuesday||4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Friday||2 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
Magers/Meyland Front Desk: 227-2078
Building and Grounds Attendant - Mike Mattson
Resident Adviser Staff
|Genna McKenna||Alice in Wonderlandfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aryelle Hansen||Sleepy Hollowemail@example.com|
|Javonte Thompson||Treasure Islandfirstname.lastname@example.org|
2013-2014 Magers Hall Staff
Magers Hall Traditions
Magers Hall is named after Mildred Magers, a French professor who was known for her love of teaching and helping students.
- Campus-wide Halloween Party
- Magers was the first hall to be renovated in a housing renovation project that began in 2005.
- The houses in Magers are named after literary works.
- In fall 2006, a bull moose ran into the window of the first floor laundry room, breaking two panes of glass before running into the woods.
- Magers Hall was the last hall to have a “House Mother,” Mrs. Marion MacLean. Her son is currently on the NMU alumni board.
- The women of Magers Hall in the 1970’s were the “Winfester” champions in broomball and snow sculptures.