The Housing and Residence Life Office uses its residence hall facilities during the summer months to provide reasonable, comfortable, convenient housing for summer camps, youth group participants, orientation and conference participants. The university does not provide housing to people not associated with current university functions.
For more information on reserving housing for camps and conferences e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “Camps and Conferences” in the subject line.
Northern Michigan University and the city of Marquette offer a beautiful backdrop for your summer camp or conference needs.
- Banquet, reception, and meeting rooms for 8 to 8,000 people.
- Professional staff ready to assist you with your event needs.
- Customized program planning and on-site management.
- Coordinated catering arrangements for refreshment breaks, meals and banquet services.
- Scheduled communication technology and audiovisual needs.
Athletic facilities available for renting include the Superior Dome, the Berry Events Center, the NMU Outdoor Fields, Vandament Arena and other areas of the PEIF such as the PEIF pool, dance studio, classrooms and/or meeting areas.
Recreational Activities Abound in Marquette
- 15 miles of paved bike trails
- 50 miles of mountain bike trails
- Hiking trails
- Public beaches
- Beautiful city parks
- Weekly farmer's market
- One hour from Escanaba, Mich.
- Three hours from Green Bay, Wis.
- Six hours from Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Six hours from Milwaukee, Wis.