Northern Michigan University houses more than 650 members of the campus community in its well-maintained apartments and townhouses. The on-campus apartments feature one, two, three, and four-bedroom units.
Northern Michigan University provides apartment housing for:
- Single students who are at least 21 years old, have lived in a university or college residence hall for at least 4 semesters or have earned at least 56 credit hours.
- Married or single parent students who are enrolled in at least 8 credit hours per semester (or a total of 24 credits per year).
- Single graduate students who are enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester (or a total of 16 credits per year).
- Faculty and staff employed full-time at the university (when space permits).
Beginning with 2015 Spring Sign-Up, single students may request to live in the same apartment as long as each person has requested the other regardless of gender identity.
Tobacco Free: Northern Michigan University is a tobacco-free campus. The use of any tobacco product including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, and e-cigarettes is prohibited in or on any property owned by NMU (with the exception of the NMU golf course and personal vehicles with the windows closed). Please visit www.nmu.edu/tobaccofree for more information.
Other Important Information
- Handouts and Other Information for Tenants
- Laundry facilities are located in or near each apartment building
- Tenant parking is adjacent to buildings
- Tenants may transfer apartments (within certain guidelines)
- Children play areas are located near buildings
- Well-trained and helpful community advisers
- Prompt and friendly maintenance staff
- Apartment advisory boards
- Outstanding On-Campus Apartment Resident Award
- Sometimes there are forms you'll need to complete