Records Retrieval Request

The Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives welcomes requests by university offices, officials, employees and faculty for records or record information stored and maintained at the University Records Center (Services Building 205). The University Records Center staff guarantees delivery of information or records within 24 hours of the weekday request.

Information and records retrieval requests may be made in the following ways:

  1. Call the Archives (x1225) or the University Records Center (ext. 1222) and request information over the telephone. 
  2. Submit an online retrieval request.
  3. Visit the Archives (see hours) or the University Records Center (by appointment) to research information in person.
  4. Departments may request temporary transfer of their records back to their offices. The archivist requests that records return intact, without rearrangement of files or addition of new files. Notify the archivist immediately if the records cannot be returned intact.