Total Headcount (2012-2013) 9,098
Student Profile (2012-2013):
- Undergraduate 8,451, Graduate 647
- Men 45.8%, Women 54.1%
- Full-time undergrad 89.8%
- Transfer students 551
- Students from out of state 18%
Please see the student profile for information about our student body. You can also view information about NMU's students broken down by region, race, age, degree program, etc. in the common data set.
- Full-time instructional faculty: 325
- Part-time instructional faculty: 261
- About 79% of NMU's full-time faculty hold the highest degree in their fields
- Many have earned national recognition for research, writing, art and consulting work
- Average student-faculty ratio of 21:1
Total Number of NMU Employees: 1,223
Total Living Alumni: about 63,000
Board of Trustees
Members of the board are appointed by the governor to serve staggered eight-year terms. NMU's president serves as ex officio without vote.
Fritz J. Erickson is NMU's 15th president.