Total Headcount (Fall 2018): 7,595
Student Profile (Fall 2018):
- Undergraduate 7,089, Graduate 506
- Men 43.3%, Women 56.7%
- Full-time undergrad 87.2%
- New Transfer students 488
- Students from out of state 19.6%
Please see the student profile for information about our student body. You can also view information about NMU's students broken down by region, race, age, degree program, etc. in the common data set or the interactive reporting website.
- Full-time instructional faculty: 304
- Part-time instructional faculty: 215
- Many have earned national recognition for research, writing, art and consulting work
- Average student-faculty ratio of 15:1
Total Number of NMU Employees: 1,156
Total Living Alumni: about 67,000
Board of Trustees
Members of the board are appointed by the governor to serve staggered eight-year terms. NMU's president serves as ex officio without vote.
Fritz J. Erickson is NMU's 15th president.