- AffordableColleges has an abundance of resources for minority students looking for aid
- The American Philosophical Society is accepting applications for the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Native American Studies Initiative (NASI) Fellowships
- The American Philosophical Society provides grants for research in Native American linguistics, ethnohistory, and history of studies of Native Americans through the Phillips Fund for Native American Research
- National Park Service U.S. Dept of Interior has posted for an Student Conservation Association intern in Montana.
- The Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission has posted their 2018 Summer GLIFWC internship opportunities.
- The Keweenaw Bay Indian Community is accepting applications for the Todd Warner Legacy Award scholarship.
- More scholarships and programs available by the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community at their website.
- Scholarships available for Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indian citizens are at their website.
- Scholarships available at Bay Mills Indian Community at their website.
- The Environmental Education Outreach Program of Northern Arizona University is accepting applications for their summer internship program.
- The U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services (HHS) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) is accepting applications for the Prevention Internship Program for Tribes and Tribal Organizations.
- Sault Ste Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians Education Division offers multiple higher education opportunities available for students - go to the SSMTCI Higher Education website
- American Indian College Fund has scholarship information available at their website AICF Scholarships
- Washington Internships for Native Students (WINS). Visit the American University in Washington, D.C. website for information.
- American Indian Research and Education Center at the University of Nevada Las Vegas provides an 8-week opportunity for high school students.
- The Future Public Health Leaders Program (FPHLP) at the University of Michigan School of Public Health has a 10-week residential summer program that encourages under-represented college students to consider careers in public health.
- Association on American Indian Affairs Scholarships (AAIA) has applications for their scholarship program.
- Native American Research Internship. The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Utah sponsors a summer research internship.
- Gates Millennium Scholars Programs has applications available.
- DFW International Community Alliance offers this Guide to Scholarships for New Americans and Minorities.
- Indian Health Services provides information on scholarships at their webpage
- Northern Arizona University - Summer Student Internship provides an opportunity to gain hands-on skills with EPA or other government/tribal environmental office working on Air Quality issues or emphasis areas such as: community education, environmental health, information collection, data analysis, environmental justice, and youth environmental education.
- Dartmouth College - information on scholarships and awards
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution - Frances Crawford Marvin American Indian Scholarship - scholarships to help Native American students of any age, any tribe, in any state striving to get an education.
- Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships offers "myriad opportunities" including the American Indian Awards Internship.
- Newberry Library Fellowships. The Newberry Library in Chicago offers research fellowships.
- The Udall Foundation offers a wide variety of programs including the Native American Congressional Internship Program and the Native Nations Institute
- The Native American Political Leadership Program- The George Washington University provides a full scholarship to participate in the Semester in Washington Politics program.
- Ronald Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is looking for candidates from diverse fields and encourage those who have never received funding from the Foundation to apply. Applications are now open for four of RWJF’s leadership development programs. These programs are helping build the leaders of tomorrow—leaders who share a commitment to ensuring everyone has the opportunity to live the healthiest life possible. Check our Funding Opportunity page for a full list of grants currently available.
- PEM Peabody Essex Museum
The Summer Native American Fellowship is a 11-week, full-time, paid fellowship at the Peabody Essex Museum (PEM).PEM seeks rising leaders in the museum field and nonprofit cultural sector for our expanded Native American Fellowship (NAF) Program. We are looking for graduate students and emerging professionals of Native American, Native Hawaiian, or Alaska Native backgrounds who are eager to develop the knowledge, skills and networks necessary to become 21st-century community and museum leaders.Fellows work with PEM’s dynamic staff and gain access to a comprehensive perspective on the theory and practice of museum management. Weekly workshops, field trips, mentoring and in-depth engagement on museum projects support Fellows in sustaining their existing skills while cultivating their professional development needs. Placements will be available in: Curatorial, Integrated Media, Creative Services, Collection Management, Merchandising/Business Marketing, Development and Education.NAF Program offers stipend, housing and travel expenses. Academic credit is available upon official request.You can find a description of the program, application guidelines and frequently asked questions at: https://pem.org/nasummerfe
llowshipQuestions? Email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wells Fargo American Indian Scholarship This scholarship is funded by Wells Fargo and administered by Native American Graduate Center. To be considered, an applicant must be pursuing a career and degree in fields relating to banking, resort management, gaming operations, management and administration, including accounting, finance, information technology and human resources
Wells Fargo Scholarship for Undergraduates The Wells Fargo Scholarships for Undergraduate American Indian and Alaska Native Students will fund full-time and degree-seeking college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who hold a current GPA of 2.7 or higher with up to $5,000 for one year of study in any chosen major at any accredited institution in the United States. Must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian tribe or Alaska Native group or a state recognized tribe in the U.S. OR provide documentation of ancestry to possession of one-fourth degree Indian blood of a state or federally recognized tribe.
- Sundance Institute's Native American and Indigenous Film Program has a variety of labs, fellowships, and grant programs available.
- American Indian Law School Scholarship covers all costs for 3 years at Harvard Law School. Applicants must apply by March 15, 2018 to be considered.
- The Native American Journalists Association offers annual scholarships ranging from $500-$2,000 to Native American students pursuing journalism degrees at a higher learning institutions. They also offer a fellowship program for current American Indian college and graduate students pursuing journalism degrees at a higher learning institutions. The application deadline is February 14, 2018
- LEAD (Leadership Education and Development) is a national partnership of top US corporations and graduate business schools that encourages talented students from diverse backgrounds to pursue careers in business.
- Cultural Resources Diversity Internship Program (14 Paid Internships)
- John Voelker Donor-Funded Scholarships
- American Indian Education Donor-Funded scholarships
- American Indian College Fund
- Project Working Mom
- Scholarship Listing for United States Colleges and Universities
- Haworth Scholarship Program
An overview of the Haworth Skilled Trades Award and Haworth Diversity Award
- SAIGE, the Society of American Indian Government Employees offer a variety of scholarships to members
- AISES has summer internships available for members