Photo taken after the 2019 NASA Traditional Feast. From left to right: Kristina Misegan, Anthony Cergnul (Vice President), Bazile Panek (President), Grant Seidell, Grey Shea, Jud Sojourn (NASA Adviser), Chelsea Freele, Leora Lancaster.
NASA is a student organization that plans and promotes events related to Native American heritage and culture on campus. Throughout the year NASA sponsors and co-sponsors many events. Members do not need to be Native American to join and participate in these activities. Sign up today! These activities help strengthen the ties of all individuals on campus.
Some of the past events NASA has hosted include: craft workshops (such as beadwork, rattle-making, making dish bags, and Hot Plate), Earth Day activities, First Nations Food Taster, NMU homecoming activities, "Learning to Walk Together" traditional pow wow, Leonard Peltier activities, and Native American Heritage Month. NASA also participated in an Idle No More demonstration walk. Students will also get together for movie nights, bowling, and meals.
This semester (W20), NASA meetings are held weekly on Tuesday's from 7:30 - 8:30 pm in the Center for Native American Studies (Whitman Hall Room 112) on NMU's campus and are open to all NMU students, faculty, and community members.
- President: Bazile Panek
- Vice President: Anthony Cergnul
- Secretary: Yrsala Peterson
- Treasurer: VACANT (VP assuming duties temporarily)
NASA Faculty Adviser:
- Jud Sojourn (Center for Native American Studies)
Winter 2020 Events:
Fall 2019 Events:
Winter 2019 Events:
Fall 2018 Events:
- NASA Potluck - September 27th
- Indigenous Peoples Day - October 8th
- Haunted Hayride - October 18th
- First Nations Food Taster - November 9th
- Past events:
- Fall 2017 Fest
- CNAS Open House and Social
- Fall 2017 Native American Heritage Month
- Fall 2017 First Nations Food Taster
- Winter 2018 "Learning to Walk Together" traditional pow wow
View the Center's Flickr account for photo highlights of past events.
- 25th Annual "Learning to Walk Together" Powwow
- 17th Annual First Nations Food Taster
- 16th Annual First Nations Food Taster
- 23rd Annual "Learning to Walk Together" Traditional Pow Wow
- 22nd Annual "Learning to Walk Together" Traditional Pow Wow