Applicants are required to comply with the regular admission requirements of the Office of Graduate Education and Research.
1) Complete the Graduate Admission Application.
2) Applicants are expected to have:
- a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- a GMAT or GRE equivalent score (see admission requirements for GMAT/GRE waivers)
3) Applicants are required to write a statement of purpose.
- 2-3 page essay format
- State the reason that you are pursuing an MBA at NMU.
- State what unique perspective, qualifications, experiences and educational assets you
would bring to share with your class. Also include your goals and how the program will
help you move closer to them.
4) International students must complete the additional information, found here, prior to being
5) Applicants must provide a current resume and official undergraduate transcripts.
The results of the GMAT, the applicant's undergraduate grade point average and relevant work experience will be evaluated together to determine eligibility for the program.
Application materials are reviewed by the director of MBA program and/or a three-person faculty graduate screening committee.
All first-time admits must contact the Director of the MBA Program for a scheduled Mandatory Advising/Orientation before the start of the student's intended first semester.
All documents should be sent to:
Dr. Stacy Boyer-Davis
MBA Program Director
Office of Graduate Education and Research
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855
If you need further information, e-mail MBA@nmu.edu or call 906-227-1805 or 227-2900, or go to 301 Cohodas Hall.