Throughout the year, the CTL sponsors programming to help faculty develop skills in course design, pedagogy, instructional technology, and other aspects of teaching and learning. These offerings include:
- Standalone workshops delivered by CTL team members. We schedule 1-2 workshops per month during the fall and winter semesters. We also offer several of our more popular sessions "as needed": people register to indicate interest, then when we have enough people for a workshop we schedule the session around their availability.
- Multi-day events such as the Active Course Design Institute and the Faculty Development Day.
- Group participation sites for live "webinar" sessions from experts at other universities.
- Special guest speaker workshops, such as those delivered by Dr. Robert Beichner in March 2014.
We request pre-registration for most of our events in order to assist with planning.
Recordings of Previously Offered Workshops
Most of of the workshops we deliver ourselves are interactive, and so rather than record them we offer them again. However when we have something special, we try to record it so that folks who couldn't attend it can still benefit from it. Many of the webinars in which we participate are also recorded.
Some of these videos are long. Please be patient while they load. If the video is choppy, you may pause the video and wait a few seconds for it to load. Then press play again.
- Strategies for Building Online Exams Using the EduCat Quiz Tool - January 14, 2021
- Online Course Reserves with Leganto "Reading Lists" - January 11, 2021
- Live Collaboration with Jamboard Virtual Whiteboard - January 11, 2021
- Lessons Learned from Teaching in the Modified On-Campus Classroom - January 12, 2021
- New Faculty Network - End of Semester Policies, Procedures and Issues - November 6, 2020
- Administering Online Tests with Respondus Monitor - September 4, 2020
- Conversation about Modified On-Campus Teaching - September 2, 2020
- EduCat Quiz Activity - September 1, 2020
- Conversation about Modified On-Campus Teaching - August 6, 2020
- Conversation about Modified On-Campus Teaching - August 10, 2020
- Dr. Stephen Thomas - Student Drawings and Textbook Visuals in Science Education
- Dr. Stephen Thomas - sTem: How to Capitalize on Technology in the Teaching of Science
- Dr. Robert Beichner - SCALE-UP Workshop I - Using Learning Spaces Wisely - March 24, 2014
- Dr. Robert Beichner - SCALE-UP Workshop II - Approaching Teaching Systematically - March 24, 2014
- Ask the Students - March 20, 2014
- Creative Teaching Techniques - Karl Gude - October 31, 2014
- Infographics - Karl Gude - October 31, 2014