Terms & Definitions
Approval Category – Approval Categories represent the different types of EPAFs that can be selected by the EPAF originator based on the purpose of the specific personnel action. The EPAF originator selects a person, a position number, and an EPAF Approval Category to originate an EPAF transaction.
Originator – A person who creates the EPAF transaction, such as the department secretary. The originator submits the EPAF transaction for further action by the approvers designated in the routing queue.
Approver – A person listed in the EPAF routing queue who takes some action with regard to the EPAF transaction after submission by the originator. The required actions are:
- Approve indicates that the person must take action on the EPAF transaction in order for the EPAF transaction to continue in the routing queue.
- FYI means the EPAF transaction is being sent for information only and does not need to take action in order for the EPAF transaction to continue in the routing queue.
- Apply indicates the individual is responsible to apply the EPAF transaction to the database after final approval. (Payroll staff members apply all EPAF transactions to the database.)
EPAF Originator Summary – A summary page that is available to all EPAF originators to check the status of EPAF transactions they have created. The EPAF Originator Summary has two tabs:
- The Current tab displays EPAF transactions that require action by you as the originator with transaction statuses of Waiting or Return for Correction.
- The History tab displays EPAF transactions that have already been submitted by you as the originator within the past 12 months and no longer require action.
EPAF Approver Summary – A summary page that is available to all EPAF approvers and has three tabs:
- The Current tab displays EPAF transactions that are currently awaiting action by you as an approver. After you have taken the appropriate action, the EPAF transaction will be displayed on the History tab.
- The In My Queue tab displays EPAF transactions that will require action by you as an approver in the future. When the EPAF transaction has been approved at a lower level and is ready for action by you, it will be displayed on the Current tab.
- The History tab displays EPAF transactions that you have previously taken action on as an approver within the past 12 months and no longer require action.