Request Accommodations for Winter Semester


New students to Northern Michigan University need to meet with the Coordinator of Disability Services prior to requesting accommodations. Continuing Northern students can request accommodations online using the Accommodation Request Form or in the Disability Services Office.


Student Spotlight:  Maleah Gust
Maleah Gust

Maleah Gust is a junior from Dewitt, Michigan. She is an Environmental Studies and Sustainability major and has an Art & Design minor.  Maleah works on campus at Northern Initiatives where she provides administrative support, and also works as a tutor for EN 101 and EN 102 courses.  Maleah was diagnosed with Dyslexia in the second grade and has been able to balance two jobs and a learning disability and still be able to maintain at 3.3 gpa.  

Maleah will be traveling to Costa Rica this December for a special topics course called Ecology Tourism. She is very excited about this opportunity.  Maleah also just recently ran in the first Run or Dye race in Marquette.  In addition to running, she enjoys reading and hiking.  

Testing Accommodations
Information for Students

Show your accommodation letter to your professor.

If the professor would like you to take the quiz/test in Disability Services (DS), fill out the testing accommodation form online or in the DS office.

If the professor will be providing testing arrangements, the DS office does not need to be notified.

Students are expected to take a quiz/test in DS at the same time as the rest of the class. Special arrangements for date/time need to be arranged with the professor.

Communicate with the DS Coordinator regarding any questions or concerns.

Click here for more information about communicating with professors regarding testing accommodations.

Grievance Procedure

It is the policy of Northern Michigan University not to discriminate on the basis of disability. Click here to view the Section 504/ADA Grievance Procedure.