Electronic Regulatory Disclosure Statement - Forms W-2 & 1095-C

  • If an employee does not consent to receive electronic versions of his or her regulatory statements, he or she will continue to be furnished regulatory statements on paper. Paper forms will be mailed to the employee’s permanent home address in January.
  • An employee’s consent to receive regulatory statements in electronic format only is effective for all future periods until consent is withdrawn or the individual is no longer employed by the University. Employees will be notified when regulatory statements are available for access on MyNMU by e-mail each January.
  • After giving consent, an employee may still request paper regulatory statements by contacting Human Resources in writing. This may be done via email to: lbutorac@nmu.edu or U.S. mail to: Human Resources, Attn: Lindsey Butorac, Northern Michigan University, 1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855. The request for a paper regulatory statments will not terminate consent to receive regulatory statements issued for future all periods electronically.
  • An employee may withdraw his or her consent at any time for either regulatory statement by simply unchecking the appropriate regulatory statement consent box in MyNMU. Consent may also be withdrawn via e-mail to: lbutorac@nmu.edu or U.S. mail to: Human Resources Attn: Lindsey Butorac, Northern Michigan University, 1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855. The withdrawal of consent does not apply to a regulatory statement that was furnished electronically before the withdrawal of consent is furnished. Upon receipt of the withdrawal, Human Resources will send a written confirmation of the withdrawal via e-mail or U.S. mail.
  • The University will not provide regulatory statements electronically to an individual who has terminated his or her employment with the University. These individuals will receive paper regulatory statements. Only active University employees will have access to the electronic version of regulatory statements. If a former employee requires an additional copy of a regulatory statement, he or she may follow the aforementioned methods of contacting Human Resources.
  • If an employee has consented to receive an electronic version of a regulatory statement and has not printed the form prior to termination of employment, he or she should contact Human Resources in order to receive a paper copy via U.S. mail.
  • It is the responsibility of the employee to notify Human Resources of any changes to contact information, such as name or address changes. Changes can be made through MyNMU or by contacting Human Resources.
  • Employees will be notified of any changes to the Human Resources contact information.
  • The regulatory statements may be required to be printed and attached to a federal, state, or local income tax return.
  • The hardware and software requirements needed to access and print the regulatory statements electronically include a computer with an Internet connection, web browser, and printer.
  • The electronic version of the regulatory statements will be available through MyNMU for at least 3 years from its original posting date.

Electronic Regulatory Statement Information