Guidelines for processing the electronic Form I-9 by type of employee
Other Important Tips
- A mobile device must be held horizontally to see the button for electronic signature.
- An I-9 cannot be marked Complete/Approved if the employee uses a receipt as one of their documents.
- Call HR to approve and process the EPAF manually.
- When the employee brings in their document(s) you will verify in LawLogix and then mark Complete/Approved to finalize the I-9.
- An employee who has not worked in the U.S. before and does not have an SSN
- An EPAF cannot be submitted if the employee does not have an SSN in Banner.
- Call HR to create a temporary SSN for that field.
Call HR if you are hiring a remote employee as there is a special process for remote completion of Form I-9.