FOR NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS ENROLLING IN THE FALL 2017 THROUGH SUMMER 2020
Based on your academic record you may be eligible for one of the awards listed below.
All new admitted transfer students who will be enrolled on the NMU Campus** are automatically considered for the Wildcat Transfer Achievement Scholarship (see levels below).
Non-Michigan resident students who apply to NMU are automatically considered for the Transfer National Academic Award.
The Transfer National Academic Award can be added to the Wildcat Transfer Achievement Scholarship.
- Students may receive scholarships for up to 6 semesters, or until completion of first bachelor's degree, whichever comes first.
- For the Wildcat Achievement Scholarships, students must maintain a cumulative 3.0 NMU GPA and full-time enrollment. Reviewed annually after winter semester.
- For the Transfer National Academic Award, students must maintain a cumulative 3.0 NMU GPA and full-time enrollment. Reviewed annually after winter semester.
- Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy requirements.
Re-entry students may have their original NMU scholarship reinstated if they:
- were eligible for renewal at the time they left NMU.
- are within the "consecutive semesters" timeline that began with the original awarding date of said scholarship. Semesters away from NMU do count in the consecutive semesters timeline.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Award: $500/yr. for Phi Theta Kappa members transferring directly to NMU from a two-year college.
Important Notes Regarding Transfer Scholarships
New transfer students who meet the criteria for a scholarship to NMU will receive a letter of notification regarding the scholarship. New transfer students who do not meet the criteria or do not receive the scholarship will not be notified. For the new transfer scholarships, students who may meet the criteria after admission but prior to enrollment at NMU (due to updated transcripts) should contact the Admissions Office. Upon review, if students meet the criteria, they will receive written notification regarding the scholarship they will be awarded.