Taking a summer class and looking for financial aid?
The Summer Financial Aid Application is available
The 2019 Summer Financial Aid Application is available.
- Log on to your MyNMU account
- Financial Aid Information
- Summer Financial Aid Application
- Answer the questions; actual enrollment affects eligibility
You will be sent an email to your NMU email address after your application is processed.
- If you are eligible for the type of aid you requested, you will receive instructions how to view and accept your summer financial aid eligibility.
- If no eligibility remains, you will receive an email that provides alternative options to consider including making monthly payments and applying for alternative student loans.
Your actual enrollment in summer courses will affect your financial aid. If you are enrolled less than half time, you will not have federal loan eligibility.
Please contact the NMU Financial Aid Office at 906-227-2327 if you have any questions.
SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION?
Instructions for submitting or requesting your IRS Tax Return Transcript can be viewed and printed here.
AMENDED TAX RETURN FILERS
If you are selected for verification and filed an amended tax return, view documents required.
FSA ID IS REQUIRED FOR STUDENTS, PARENTS and BORROWERS
An electronic user name and password, FSA ID, is required for students, parents and borrowers. The FSA ID gives you access to the Federal Student Aid's online systems and serves as your legal signature. Create your FSA ID here.
VICTIMS OF IDENTITY THEFT
Information on getting an alternate paper tax return transcript can be found here.
Financial Aid Toolbox
- Net Price Calculators
Get an estimate of your out-of-pocket costs and potential financial aid.
- Financial Aid Pathfinder
Preparing for college – Do you need to know the next steps? Start here.
- Glossary of Terms
- College Scorecard
- Retrieve your NMU Identification Number. View Account Status.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Information for Parents
- State of Michigan Resources
- Foster Care, Homeless and Ward of the Court Youth Resources
- Veteran Resources
- Selected for Verification?
Financial Aid Office•email@example.com•2107 Hedgcock