Academic regalia must be purchased at the NMU Bookstore, located in the University Center.
Graduation apparel for December 2015 Commencement should be ordered by Friday, October 23, 2015 in order to receive a $5 discount.
- Students can purchase graduation apparel up to the day of graduation. Availability will be limited and a late charge will apply.
- Undergraduate cap, gown and tassel
$45.00 (plus tax)
- Master's cap, gown, hood and tassel
$89.00 (plus tax)
- Honor Cord
$6 (plus tax)
$5.25 (plus tax)
- Order deadlines and pickup dates and times are available on the NMU Bookstore website.
For your best fit, go directly to the "Textbook Service Window" at the NMU Bookstore to be measured.
Bookstore hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Saturday of Commencement, 10 a.m. until 3 p.m
When ordering your cap and gown, you need to provide your weight and height, and the degree you will be receiving. You will be measured for your cap by the assistant.
You do not have to return your cap and gown. You have purchased them and they are yours to keep.
You must have an appropriate cap and gown in order to participate (walk) in Commencement.
You may want to lightly iron your gown or at least hang it out before coming to the ceremony. Gowns are made of special fabric so use caution when ironing.
Be careful what you wear under your gown, in the type of high intensity lighting used to highlight the commencement stage, they become semi-transparent.