School of Clinical Sciences
At Northern, we strongly believe in learning by doing. With instructors and professionals in the field, you’ll practice your skills using real-world tools and techniques. Bachelor degree students will work in different clinical settings in their sophomore and senior years, stationed in our partner hospitals or labs. We have more than 40 partner hospitals, including Mayo Clinic, Marshfield Clinic and the Michigan Department of Community Health. While on campus you’ll have classes in our science complex, using modern clinical equipment.
Clinical professionals are in great demand. Graduates from NMU’s programs have a job placement rate of nearly 100 percent and more than a 95 percent passing rate on national certification exams. Many also pursue advanced degrees.
- Clinical Health Science Major (Radiography, Surgical Technology & Respiratory Therapy)
- Clinical Laboratory Science Major
- CLS Concentration: Anatomic Pathology
- CLS Concentration: Clinical Systems Analyst
- CLS Concentration: Diagnostic Genetics
- CLS Concentration: Medical Laboratory Science
- CLS Concentration: Microbiology
- CLS Concentration: Science Technologist
- Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Major
Master of Science
School of Clinical Sciences•CLS@nmu.edu•906-227-2885
If you have college credit and want to find out what will transfer to NMU, please visit www.nmu.edu/transfercredit