Before beginning this process, make sure your laptop is plugged in and you are connected to a strong WiFi connection. The process takes about 20 minutes. Make sure you follow the steps in order!
1. Run Lenovo's "System Update". To do this, click on the Windows icon found at the bottom left corner of the desktop on the task bar. Type "system update" and choose it from the list of choices.
2. If this is your first time running System Update, it will need to update itself
3. Once you are at the System Update home screen, it will look like this...
4. Click next and System Updates will prepare all available updates for you to choose from.
5. Once you are able to perform updates, make sure the first update you choose is JUST to update “BIOS” under "Recommended Updates". You will be prompted to reboot your laptop.
6. The second update you should choose should JUST be “Intel HD Graphics Driver” under "Critical Updates". You will be prompted to reboot your laptop.
7. While connected to projector in classroom via the 15 pin VGA cable, right click on desktop and choose display settings
8. You will be brought to a screen where you choose "Advanced Settings"
9. Then click on the recommended resolution...
10. Reduce it to 1366x768