Northern Michigan University has an articulation agreement with Central Michigan University's physician assistant program that allows for four NMU students to have a guaranteed interview with a high probability of acceptance into the program on a non-competitive basis providing the students meet all of the admission criteria in the CMU curriculum guide, and minimum GPA requirements. Students interested in this program should work closely with an adviser in NMU’s pre-physician assistant program.
Application Criteria for the CMU Physician Assistant Program
1. Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
2. No grade less than C in any prerequisite course work.
3. Recommendation by Physics Department pre-medical adviser.
4. A minimum of 100 direct patient care hours must be completed prior to application.
5. Community/volunteer service involvement.
6. Graduate Record Exam completed.
7. Receive a passing score from an interview with CMU Physician Assistant Admissions Committee.