Register Your Student Organization!

All organizations need to re-register each academic year, whether it's a returning group or one being created for the first time!

Click here to register for the 2014-2015 academic year!



Resources for Effective Student Groups


Student Organizations

Student Organization

Sponsoring Events

Getting Started

Organization Policies

Student Organization News
NMU Event Programming Funds Available for Student Groups
Is your organization interested in sponsoring a campus-wide program or event but you don't have the funds?  The Student Finance Committee has allotted money every semester for student organization sponsored programs.  To find out more, contact the SFC Chairperson at 227-2452, or Mary Brundage, SFC Adviser, at 227-1700.
NMU Concert A Warning About Contracts/Agreements
If your organization wants to sponsor a program/event on campus, please do not enter into any contractual agreements before funding has been secured and a facility has been reserved or you may be liable for fulfilling the requirements. Please contact the Center for Student Enrichment for more information.
QuickTips! (For Student Organizations)
QuickTips! (For Student Organizations) are short (3-5 minute) videos geared to helping student organizations run smoothly throughout the year. Check out some of our QuickTips! videos to keep your student organization on track.


Student Organization Forms are now online!

Student Organization Registration (for new and re-registering student organizations)


Activity Request Form (to reserve a facility for meetings/activities/fundraisers/etc.)


Student Organization of the Month
If you have an awesome student organization that you think other people should know about, apply to become the Organization of the Month. Each month the winner will be recognized in a spotlight in The North Wind, as well as on the CSE website and Facebook page. The organization will also receive a certificate for their records, a cake (donated by Simply Superior) and a pizza party to reward its members. Click here for more information.
How Does My Organization . . .
  • establish an e-mail account or web site?
  • go about sponsoring a raffle?
  • get an EIN to set up a checking/savings account?

Find out more.

Faculty-Staff Advisers

OORP AdvisorAll NMU student groups are required to have a faculty or staff adviser. It's important to involve your adviser in all aspects of your student organization.  The Center for Student Enrichment staff can help you find an adviser if you fall short in your own search. Remember to look for people who have a real interest in what your group is all about.

          The role of the adviser