We are now accepting applications for the next cohort of DNP students. The deadline for the next cycle of applications is May 1, 2018.
NMU Admission Requirements – College of Graduate Education and Research
- Complete an Application for Admission from the Office of Graduate Education and Research and submit the application to the Office of Graduate Education and Research, 401 Cohodas, along with a $50.00 application fee by May 1, 2018. The Office of Graduate Education and Research website is available at http://www.nmu.edu/graduatestudies/
- Students must be admitted to NMU before being admitted to School of Nursing, DNP Program
- Send official transcripts from all universities previously attended (with the exception of NMU) directly to the Office of Graduate Education and Research
- BSN or MSN 3.0 GPA from an accredited nursing program
School of Nursing Admission Requirements – DNP Program
- Complete an Application for Admission to the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program and submit the application to the School of Nursing, Doctorate in Nursing Practice Program, 2301 New Science Facility, Marquette, Michigan 49855 by May 1, 2018
- Applications received after May 1, 2018 will be considered on a space available basis
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. To ensure that the application packet is complete, email Melissa Romero, Graduate Program Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Current United States RN license. Attach a copy of your RN license to the application
- Attach a current resume to the application
- Three letters of recommendation - one academic (candidates who have graduated in 3 years or less must include a faculty recommendation letter) and 2 clinical (clinical colleagues or work supervisors). Please use the recommendation forms provided at the bottom of this webpage
- Interview with the Graduate Committee (on campus or via ZOOM or SKYPE)
- One page description of your goals for graduate study
- Computer proficiency – using Microsoft Word, Power Point, E-mail, and accessing the internet (must have an internet connection)
- AIS 535 – Using Scholarly Library Resources in Support of Graduate Research
- Students who are admitted to the DNP program are required to take AIS 535 within 5 years prior to the start of DNP coursework. The course is offered by Mike Strahan at firstname.lastname@example.org School of Nursing’s library liaison. The course is offered online during the summer semester prior to the start of the DNP program
Other Desirable Qualifications;
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate level statistics course (preferred but not required).
- Completion of a health assessment course in undergraduate program with a B or better.
- Completion of courses in anatomy and physiology in an undergraduate or graduate program with a B or better.
The School of Nursing’s Graduate Committee will meet to review applications. Candidates will be interviewed in May 2018 by the Graduate Committee and will be required to complete a one page description of goals for graduate study while on campus after the interview. Each applicant will receive a letter from the School of Nursing informing him/her of their admission status. An admission grid will be used by the Graduate Committee to evaluate and score applicants.
School of Nursing DNP Application Materials and Information Packet
Recommendation Letter Forms (Three Required)