Graduation Ceremony: 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 12, 2015 in the Superior Dome
- Cap and Gown: The approved commencement attire consists of the NMU cap, gown and tassel. Click here for information regarding ordering your cap and gown. Students receiving NMU scholastic recognition are also entitled to wear an NMU honors (yellow) cord which is obtained at the NMU Bookstore. Cap, gown and cords may be picked up at the NMU Bookstore, Textbook Office, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during finals week, December 7 - 11. Students graduating with full honors from the NMU Honors Program are entitled to wear the white honors cord. Students completing the Superior Edge program are entitled to wear the blue cord.
- Ceremony Rehearsal: Seating assignment for commencement (yellow card) will be mailed to you. Rehearsal is on Friday, December 11, 2015, and begins promptly at 2:15 in the Superior Dome. Please bring this card to rehearsal to locate your seat. Rehearsal is approximately 1 hour.
- Ceremony Report Time: REPORT TO THE PEIF BUILDING, VANDAMENT ARENA, ROOM 160, SATURDAY, December 12, 2015, NO LATER THAN 9:30 A.M. TO LINE UP FOR THE PROCESSIONAL. It is important to be on time. We will begin to march to the Superior Dome just after 10:00 a.m.
- Accommodations Request: If you have a need for disability related accommodations or services during commencement, contact Degree Evaluation at 227-2257. Reasonable and effective accommodations and services will be provided to students if requests are made in a timely manner, with appropriate documentation, and in accordance with federal, state, and university guidelines.
- Guests: Guest seating is not limited and the ceremony is open to the general public. Child care is not provided and children are welcome to attend the ceremony. Guests may want to send family at 9:30 a.m. to save chairs for family members who cannot sit or move freely in the bleachers. Please inform guests the Superior Dome opens at 9:30 a.m. If hotel reservations are needed please make them soon! To find a listing of area hotels please follow: Marquette County website.
- Photographs: The university has retained the services of a professional photographer from Grad Images to take your picture as you shake the President's hand. Instructions for ordering will be sent to your NMU email address by the photographer with a "proof" print. If you have restrictions on directory information that prevents us from giving the photographer your address, it will be your responsibility to contact the company. Their contact information is 1-800-261-2576 or www.gradimages.com. Removal of restrictions and/or address corrections can be made in the Student Service Center, 2201 Hedgcock.
- DVD: A DVD recording of the entire commencement ceremony may be ordered from WNMU-TV, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI 49855. Please enclose your check for $19.95. For more information regarding the DVD please call 906-227-1300.
- TV Broadcast and Video Streaming: Locally WNMU TV 13 provides a live broadcast of the ceremony. Family and friends from outside the TV 13 viewing area can see you walk across the stage via video streaming on their home computer provided by America ONE/B2 Network. America ONE provides streaming video for professional and collegiate sporting events from around the country, including Wildcat Athletics. TV 13 provides the feed to America ONE Network. To view the online broadcast, have family and friends go to America ONE/B2 Network the morning of commencement.
Speech-to-Text: Speech-to-text service for this commencement ceremony is accessible live via smartphone or tablet. Add nmu.edu/ceremony to the web-browser to access the ceremony.