Reimbursement of Moving Expenses for Tenure Earning FacultyDocuments
- Moving Expense Policy (PDF)
- Memo on NMU's Moving Expense Policy and IRS guidelines (PDF)
- Moving Expense Reimbursement Procedure and Form (PDF)
Step 1 (Faculty Member, Department Office)
- Either the department or faculty member completes the first section of the Moving Expense Reimbursement Form (e.g., Faculty Name, Date, Description of Expenses).
- The department completes the middle section of the form (e.g., Beginning Faculty Salary, Amount Refundable by NMU, Department Share) and secures the signature of the department head. The department sends the original Check Request Form (or in the case of direct payment to moving van or rental truck agencies, the Purchase Requisition) and additional backup to the college office.
Step 2 (College Office)
- The college office completes the College Share, secures the deans signature, and forwards the form and a copy of the original paper work directly to the Controllers Office.
Step 3 (Controllers Office)
The Controllers Office reviews the paper work to determine if various expenses submitted by the faculty member are covered under The Moving Expense Policy. Once the expenses have been approved, the Controllers Office:
- forwards the original Check Request Form and receipts to the Accounts Payable Office for processing of the Check Request.
- initials their approval on the original Moving Expense Reimbursement Form and returns it to the Academic Affairs Office.
Step 4 (Academic Affairs Office)
- The Academic Affairs Office completes the P&VPAA Share on the Moving Expense Reimbursement Form and secures the signature of approval from the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs for the transfer of funds.
- The Academic Affairs Office sends the college office and the department a copy of the Moving Expense Reimbursement Form indicating that the budget transfer from the Academic Affairs Office has been processed.