The CTL's New Faculty Network professional development events provide new tenure track and term faculty with opportunities to get further acclimated to NMU, develop teaching skills, and build cross-disciplinary peer networks. There are typically two New Faculty Network events in the fall semester, and another two in the winter semester.
Professional Development Day - Monday, 20 August 2018, 8 am - 3:15 pm - Jamrich 1318
Lunch with Administrators - Friday, 14 September 2018, 12 noon - 1:30 pm - Charcoal Room (University Center)
- "Speed Dating" format. Each table will have 1-2 top administrator (e.g., dean, president, provost) and several new faculty. After each course, new faculty will rotate through the tables for a chance to meet with administrators.
- Register here (you'll have a chance to indicate dietary restrictions at this registration link)
"Old" New Faculty Panel (and Lunch) - Friday, 12 October 2018, 12 noon - 1:30 pm - Harden 224
- An opportunity to commune with your fellow new faculty and discuss faculty life with "old" new faculty sages -- folks who have been here a little longer but not so long ago they don't remember your concerns.
- Register here, so we can get an accurate count for lunch.
End of Semester Advice (and Lunch) - Friday, 9 November 2018, 12 noon - 1:30 pm - Harden 224
- An opportunity to commune with your fellow new faculty and get advice from various campus offices in dealing with the end of semester (e.g., grades, stress [yours and students], and other surprises)
- Register here, so we can get an accurate count for lunch. Registration will open a couple weeks before the event.