NMU provides information on course equivalencies between NMU and many other colleges. See transfer admissions for more information about university requirements and becoming a part of the Biology Department at NMU. See the list of Biology progams for a description of the different majors we offer. Requirements change and you may need to reference the current NMU bulletin and/or consult with the Biology Department Head for the latest information. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
In addition to completing some of your General Education requirements, you can often complete courses equivalent to some or all of the science courses listed below before transferring to NMU.
Taking courses equivalent to the following are strongly encouraged and will help decrease the amount of time to obtain your degree:
- BI 111 – Introductory Biology - Principles
- BI 112 – Introductory Biology – Diversity
- CH 111 – General Chemistry I
- CH 112 – General Chemistry II
- CH 315/317 – Organic Chemistry I (with lab)
- CH 325/327 – Organic Chemistry II (with lab)
- PH 201 – College Physics I
- PH 202 – College Physics II
- MA 109 – Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- MA 111 – College Algebra for Calculus Preparation