University of Michigan, Ph.D. 2005
University of Michigan, M.S. 1997
Princeton University, A.B. 1995
My research interests are in population and evolutionary genetics. I’m especially interested in the genetics of speciation; in identifying the genetics changes associated with speciation, and if there are general patterns we can identify in these genes. Much of my work on these questions has been using a “natural model system” – the house mouse (Mus domesticus - Mus musculus) hybrid zone in Europe. I’m also interested in projects examining genetic variation in natural populations, especially variation associated with adaptation.
BI 218 Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology
BI 312 Genetics
BI 514 Population Genetics
- A Rankin, K Galbreath, K Teeter. 2017. Signatures of adaptive molecular evolution in American pika (Ochotona princeps). Journal of Mammalogy 98:1156-1167.
- Teeter, K.C., L.W. Harris, M.A. Bakewell, L.M. Thibodeau, J.E. O’Brien, B.A. Payseur, J.G. Krenz, M. Sans-Fuentes, M.W. Nachmanand P.K. Tucker. 2008. Genome-wide patterns of gene flow across a house mouse hybrid zone. Genome Research,18:67-7
- Moehring, A.J., K.C. Teeter, and M.A.F. Noor. 2007. Genome-wide patterns of expression in Drosophila pure-species and hybrid males. II. Examination of multiple-species hybridizations, platforms, and life cycle stages. Molecular Biology and Evolution 24: 137-145
- Noor, M.A.F, K.J. Zimmerman, and K.C. Teeter. 2006. Data Sharing: How much doesn't get submitted to GenBank? PloS Biology, 4:e228-e229
- Bozikova, E., P. Munclinger, K.C. Teeter, P.K. Tucker, M. Macholan and J. Pialek. 2005. Mitochondrial DNA in the hybrid zone between Mus musculus musculus and Mus musculus domesticus: a comparison of two transects.Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 84:363-378.
- Teeter, K., M. Naeemuddin, R. Gasperini, E. Zimmerman, K. White, R. Hoskins, and G. Gibson. 2000. Haplotype dimorphism in a SNP collection from Drosophila melanogaster. Journal of Experimental Zoology 288:63-75.
- Birdsall, K., E. Zimmerman, K. Teeter, and G. Gibson. 2000. Genetic variation for the positioning of wing veins in Drosophila melanogaster. Evolution and Development 2:16-24.