Project dates: September 2010-November 2012
Northern Michigan University will study current processes for academic program review conducted by its academic departments and colleges; review past university-wide procedures; identify and analyze best practices used internally and externally; and develop a cyclic academic program review process that can be applied campus-wide. The baseline process must be systematic and standardized. While accommodating program accreditation requirements and reflecting best practices and standards for academic program review, it must strive to efficiently align curricula and program offerings with student’ and employers’ needs.
- AQIP Action Project Declaration
- Action Project Charter
- AQIP Review of Year 1 Annual Report
- AQIP Review of Year 2 Annual Report
Drafts Ready for Pilot Testing
- APR Self-Study Template (draft v. 6-13-11)
- Note that at the top of each data table it says “Data will be provided for last five years.” Data will be prepared by the offices of Institutional Research and Informational Services and given to the department. It will be the department’s job to interpret the data and discuss it.
- Questions are provided to guide you as you address each component of the review.
- Note that there are some sections that are not applicable for a particular major so they can be omitted.
- APR Process (draft v. 6-13-11)
- APR Glossary (incomplete draft v. 6-13-11)
Note: These draft documents were tested by two APR pilots - Communications and Media Studies (CAMS) and Engineering Technologies - during 2011-2012. The APR Task Force revised based on feedback.
- 2010 EPC Recommendations
- Literature review on Academic Program Review
- Summary of APR review at other institutions
Task Force Members
|T. Seethoff - co-chair||Acad Affairs||2010-12|
|L. Putman - co-chair||Chemistry||2010-12|
|P. Cianciolo||Sociology/Social Work||2010-12|
|P. Lang||College of Professional Studies||2010-11|
|S. Larson||Art & Design||2010-12|
|S. Poindexter||Business, AQIP Coordinator||2010-12|
|D. Pozega||Engineering Tech||2010-11|
|M. Rudisill||Engineering Tech||2010-12|