Financial Literacy Information
Each SSS advisee has the opportunity to engage in financial literacy education via individualized counseling with their SSS advisor, attending SSS sponsored workshops and through referral to seminars, workshops and lectures sponsored by the Northern Michigan University. In your first year as an SSS advisee, you will work with your advisor Identify key issues such as:
- Where is the money to fund my education coming from?
- Understanding student loans, grants and scholarships
- How much money will I have?
- What are my expenses going to be?
- What’s the best way to begin to manage my expenses?
- Understanding credit score basics