Northern Michigan University boasts one of the finest collections of athletic and recreational sports facilities in NCAA Division II, if not the country. The NMU Sports Complex features a connected unit of three first-class venues: the Superior Dome, the Physical Education Instructional Facility (PEIF) and the Berry Events Center. Along with being the home to Wildcat Athletics, the complex also houses the United States Olympic Education Center (USOEC), the only Olympic education center in the nation and one of four U.S. Olympic training centers. Some of the teams also practice and/or compete on the outdoor sports facilities of the NMU campus and around the Marquette area, such as the NMU Outdoor Fields, Marquette’s Blueberry Cross Country Ski Trail and Ishpeming’s Al Quaal Recreation Center.
NMU and USOEC campus facilities
- Berry Events Center – men’s and women’s basketball, hockey, USOEC short track speedskating
- NMU Outdoor Fields – soccer, football practice, some outdoor intramural sports
- Physical Education and Instructional Facility (PEIF) – recreation sports, swimming and diving, volleyball (Vandament Arena)
- Superior Dome – football, soccer, track and field; USOEC boxing, weightlifting, and wrestling
- Superior Dome Varsity Weight Room - revamped in 2006 for use by the varsity sports
- Vandament Arena - volleyball, USOEC wrestling