Lydia M. Olson Library
The award-winning Lydia Olson Library is located on the second and third floors of the Edgar Harden Learning Resources Center. It contains thousands of books, journals and magazines, national and international newspapers in print and online, access to numerous proprietary databases, U.S. and Michigan government publications, maps, a pre-K to 12 teacher resource room and multi-media materials. The library catalog and hundreds of specialty journals can be searched online.
Library staff are available to assist with reference and research questions and to locate materials within the library and online. Reference librarians will also answer questions via instant messaging, e-mail or phone.
Study carrels, tables and relaxing seating areas are placed around the library. A number of small classrooms and conference rooms are also housed here.
Services include public computers, photocopy machines, audio-visual and multimedia equipment, microfische readers and printers, and machinery for laminating and creating transparencies.
The LRC is connected to the Seaborg Complex by an underground tunnel.
Edgar L. Harden was NMU's president from 1956-1967.
View Larger Map