Radiography - Faculty Responsibilities
Clinical Instructor Responsibilities
The clinical instructor will:
- Follow and support program curriculum and objectives.
- Review course syllabus and time sequence for student learning.
- Provide written documentation for assessments and evaluations with students.
- Work with faculty in formal assessments of students.
- Maintain objectivity when assessing students.
- Provide positive reinforcement to students in the clinical setting.
- Communicate with faculty assigned to clinical course regarding student performance and concerns.
- Be a positive role model.
- In the absence of faculty, be available to address immediate concerns of the student.
In the absence of faculty, monitor adherence to program policies:
- dress code
- code of Ethics
- Attend clinical instructor meetings.
- Provide input for change.
- Work in accordance to contractual agreement between program and agency.
- Educate the department staff of program policies, procedures and changes.
- Maintain student confidentiality.
- Be a liaison between students and department staff.