Northern Michigan University will hold its 4th annual Memorial Chili Challenge from 3- 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 25, at the Jacobetti Complex. The tasting, facilitated by the Culinary Students of NMU, includes unlimited chili samples, corn bread and chili-inspired desserts. The cost will be $5 for students and $7 for the general public.
Challengers are spilt into two classes: professional and amateurs, with prizes being awarded in the following categories: best use of heat, most original, people's choice and judge's choice.
All proceeds from the challenge will go to Marquette's Beacon House, a local non-profit that aids families and patients experiencing long and short term care at Marquette General Hospital. Money raised will benefit the Beacon House's Fresh Food Program, an initiative designed to provide guests with fresh and healthy food during their stay.
Everyone who enters will be registered to win two free passes to the Heritage Course Celebrity Golf Classic June 25-26.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, September 30, 2016
- Family Weekend 1:00 pm
- The Second City 8:00 pm
- Saturday, October 08, 2016
- Cat Career Conference 8:30 am