Northern Michigan University will hold its 4th annual Memorial Chili Challenge from 3- 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 25, at the Jacobetti Complex. The tasting, facilitated by the Culinary Students of NMU, includes unlimited chili samples, corn bread and chili-inspired desserts. The cost will be $5 for students and $7 for the general public.
Challengers are spilt into two classes: professional and amateurs, with prizes being awarded in the following categories: best use of heat, most original, people's choice and judge's choice.
All proceeds from the challenge will go to Marquette's Beacon House, a local non-profit that aids families and patients experiencing long and short term care at Marquette General Hospital. Money raised will benefit the Beacon House's Fresh Food Program, an initiative designed to provide guests with fresh and healthy food during their stay.
Everyone who enters will be registered to win two free passes to the Heritage Course Celebrity Golf Classic June 25-26.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Film Screening: 'FIGHT CLUB' 9:00 pm