Advancing Diversity at NMU
Advancing Diversity at Northern Michigan University by Dr. Mordean Taylor-Archer
Dr. Mordean Taylor-Archer is the Vice Provost for Diversity and International Affairs at the University of Louisville, a position she has held since 2001. She previously served as Associate Provost for Diversity and Dual Career Development at Kansas State University, where she was instrumental in recruiting and retaining faculty of color. Dr. Taylor-Archer has co-edited two volumes on the experiences of African American faculty and staff at predominantly white universities. In her presentation, she will discuss current best practices in recruiting and retaining faculty and staff and in creating an inclusive campus climate.
This event is co-sponsored by the Office of the President and the AAUP.
Wednesday, March 26, at 4 p.m. in the Mead Auditorium.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, December 09, 2016
- Yooper Night at the Joe 5:00 pm
- Thursday, December 08, 2016
- 10th Anniversary Celebration for the Beaumier U.P. Heritage Center 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 28, 2016
- NMU Hockey vs. Cornell Post-Game Reception 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Winter Semester Job Fair 1:00 pm