Presentation: Feeding 10 Billion People
Controversial author, journalist, and food policy expert Raj Patel continuously challenges our presumptions about the global economy with his work both as a policy analyst and activist. He has worked for some of the most prestigious international organizations - and protested against them - and constantly works to find ways to improve the world's food system. His first book was "Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System" and his latest, "The Value of Nothing," is a New York Times best-seller.
This event is sponsored by the Social Justice Committee, ASNMU, Platform Personalities, and the Student Activity Fee.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, March 31, 2017
- Polymorphism in Great Bear Lake (NT, Canada) and Rush Lake (MI, USA) : Expanding the Model of Lake Trout Diversification 4:00 pm
- Thursday, March 30, 2017
- PigStock: A Carribean Feast 4:00 pm
- NMU Red Cross Club Blood Drive 12:00 pm
- Gonzo Media Presents: 'Freaks' 9:00 pm
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship and Other Opportunities to Fund Your Education SkillBuilder 4:00 pm