Presentation: Feeding 10 Billion People
Controversial author, journalist, and food policy expert Raj Patel continuously challenges our presumptions about the global economy with his work both as a policy analyst and activist. He has worked for some of the most prestigious international organizations - and protested against them - and constantly works to find ways to improve the world's food system. His first book was "Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System" and his latest, "The Value of Nothing," is a New York Times best-seller.
This event is sponsored by the Social Justice Committee, ASNMU, Platform Personalities, and the Student Activity Fee.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- RIVALRY WEEK: Win reserved glass seats plus Zamboni ride! 11:00 am
- Friday, October 28, 2016
- Digigogy: Toward a Pedagogy of Connection 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Culture Presentation: Bangladesh 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm