'I am Malala' Book Club
The book, "I Am Malala," is the remarkable tale of a family uprooted by global terrorism, of the fight for girls' education, of a father who--himself a school owner--championed and encouraged his daughter to write and attend school, and of brave parents who have a fierce love for their daughter in a society that prizes sons. We expect everyone that attends has read the book and is ready for a group discussion on issues and topics that came up while reading.
The presenters for this workshop are Rachel Harris, Center for Student Enrichment Director, and Melissa Esser, Superior Edge Student Coordinator at NMU.
To register for this workshop, please go to http://www.nmu.edu/studentleaderfellowship/node/50?processtype=parent&action=DisplayWorkshops&phase=phase2&elementid=&subaction=.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Thursday, May 05, 2016
- NMU Retirees Association Spring Social 10:00 am
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- A Scandinavian Dinner 6:00 pm
- Saturday, May 07, 2016
- River Valley Hope Starts Here Challenge 7:00 am
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Moose on the Loose Family Fun Run and 5K 9:30 am