NAS Service Learning Partnership Institute
The NMU Center for Native American Studies will be holding the Native American Service Learning Partnership Institute on Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4 in the Great Lakes Rooms of the University Center. Registration begins at noon on Thursday and breakfast begins at 9 a.m. on Friday. This event is free for everyone and pre-registration is preferred as meals are limited to the first 100 people. To register for the event and learn more please click here or call 227-1397.
Speakers are still being finalized but the keynote speaker for Thursday, April 3 will be William Mendoza, executive director of the White House Initiative on Ameican Indian and Alaska Native Education will lead a presentation on how academic service learning partnerships can address multiple needs of tribal communities.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, September 30, 2016
- The Second City 8:00 pm
- Family Weekend 1:00 pm
- Saturday, October 08, 2016
- Cat Career Conference 8:30 am