NAS Service Learning Partnership Institute
The NMU Center for Native American Studies will be holding the Native American Service Learning Partnership Institute on Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4 in the Great Lakes Rooms of the University Center. Registration begins at noon on Thursday and breakfast begins at 9 a.m. on Friday. This event is free for everyone and pre-registration is preferred as meals are limited to the first 100 people. To register for the event and learn more please click here or call 227-1397.
Speakers are still being finalized but the keynote speaker for Thursday, April 3 will be William Mendoza, executive director of the White House Initiative on Ameican Indian and Alaska Native Education will lead a presentation on how academic service learning partnerships can address multiple needs of tribal communities.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Film Screening: 'FIGHT CLUB' 9:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am