NAS Service Learning Partnership Institute
The NMU Center for Native American Studies will be holding the Native American Service Learning Partnership Institute on Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4 in the Great Lakes Rooms of the University Center. Registration begins at noon on Thursday and breakfast begins at 9 a.m. on Friday. This event is free for everyone and pre-registration is preferred as meals are limited to the first 100 people. To register for the event and learn more please click here or call 227-1397.
Speakers are still being finalized but the keynote speaker for Thursday, April 3 will be William Mendoza, executive director of the White House Initiative on Ameican Indian and Alaska Native Education will lead a presentation on how academic service learning partnerships can address multiple needs of tribal communities.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Thursday, May 05, 2016
- NMU Retirees Association Spring Social 10:00 am
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- A Scandinavian Dinner 6:00 pm
- Saturday, May 07, 2016
- River Valley Hope Starts Here Challenge 7:00 am
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Moose on the Loose Family Fun Run and 5K 9:30 am