Sunday, October 27, 2013
The NMU Orchestra will be performing Sunday, Oct. 27 at 3:00 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall.
The NMU Orchestra, conducted by Dr. Barbara Rhyneer, will feature two well-known works by Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg. The Holdberg Suite is a work in five movements based on eighteenth century dance forms. It was written in 1884 to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the birth of Danish-Norwegian humanist playwright Ludvig Holberg. The Peer Gynt Suite #1 is comprised of incidental music to Henrik Ibsen's 1867 play of the same name. There is no admission charge.
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- Wine & Beer Pairing Event 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016
- Do You Have the Next Big Idea? 5:30 pm
- Sunday, February 14, 2016
- Wildcat Den Sweethears Dinner 4:30 pm
- Saturday, February 20, 2016
- Regional Science Olympiad Tournament 9:00 am
- Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- Upper Great Lakes Collegiate Job Fair 1:00 pm