Ethics of Drone Warfare
Medea Benjamin will speak at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 1 in the Michigan/Huron Rooms in the University Center. Her presentation will be on "The Ethics of Drone Warfare."
Medea Benjamin is the Co-founder of Code Pink, and the human rights advocacy group, Global Exchange. She has written 8 books, including Drone Warfare. During President Obama's counterterrorism speech several months ago, Ms. Benjamin interrupted with facts about the cost of our drone warfare, in human lives.
This program is sponsored by Marquette Citizens for Peace & Justice, and NMU's Social Justice Committee. Admission is free; donations are accepted. For more information call 226-3445 or 475-7582.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Monday, July 11, 2016
- Preterm Labor Toolkit Event 6:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm