Yale Strom Klezmer Concert
Yale Strom, one of the world's leading authorities on Klezmer music, will present a lecture-performance on Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall. A violinist, composer, filmmaker, writer, photographer and playwright, Yale Strom was a pioneer among revivalists in conducting extensive field research in Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans among the Jewish and Rom communities since the early 1981. Initially, his work focused primarily on the use and performance of klezmer music among these two groups. Gradually, his focus increased to examining all aspects of their culture, from post-World War II to the present.
The performance is sponsored by the NMU departments of Music and History with support from the Ravitz Foundation.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, February 11, 2016
- Skill Builder! Not Your Usual Social Media Talk 7:00 pm
- SpringHill (Summer Camps) will be on-campus this week! 10:00 am
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- Wine & Beer Pairing Event 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016
- Do You Have the Next Big Idea? 5:30 pm
- Saturday, February 13, 2016
- WinterFest Human Sled Dog Races/Obstacle Course/Tug-of-War 1:00 pm