Yale Strom Klezmer Concert
Yale Strom, one of the world's leading authorities on Klezmer music, will present a lecture-performance on Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall. A violinist, composer, filmmaker, writer, photographer and playwright, Yale Strom was a pioneer among revivalists in conducting extensive field research in Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans among the Jewish and Rom communities since the early 1981. Initially, his work focused primarily on the use and performance of klezmer music among these two groups. Gradually, his focus increased to examining all aspects of their culture, from post-World War II to the present.
The performance is sponsored by the NMU departments of Music and History with support from the Ravitz Foundation.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, August 04, 2017
- NMU Night with the Timber Rattlers in Appleton, Wis. 5:30 pm
- Friday, October 06, 2017
- Family Weekend All Day
- Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Kardemimmit in Concert 7:30 pm
- Saturday, September 23, 2017
- 5th Quarter Celebration of NMU Football, Holiday Inn 5:00 pm
- Friday, September 22, 2017
- All Alumni Reception 7:30 pm